Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Thursday 16 November 2017

Team Yankee: Stripes Army List

Team Yankee: Stripes Army List

So myself and Jonathan found that our blog had been linked on the front page of the Flames of War page in this weeks update. So no pressure now lol.

I mentioned in my last post that I was looking at writing up my army list this week. This lunch time I put the finishing touches to the list.

We have decided that Jonathan's pesky Ruskies will be attacking through Hof heading towards Bayreuth, Standing in there way is the 2nd ACR. So with a little bit of background behind the force selection I cracked open Stripes.

I am using the Cavalry Troop list as I love the idea of scouting M113's spotting the advancing tanks allowing the M901's and M1's to ambush to take out a few tanks before heading to a new prepared position.

So on with the list:

HQ: Armoured Cavalry Troop HQ 1pt

Troop:

2 x M1 Abrams 16 pts

2 x M1 Abrams 16 pts

1 M113 Scout Section 2 pts

1 M113 Scout Section 2 pts

Support:

2 x AH-1 Cobra 7 pts

Total Points: 44 pts

I think this list will give me some flexible options depending on what the Ruskies throw into the front line.

Next post will be the next stage of the construction of the army.

Comments always welcome.





3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be aware that two tank platoons are very fragile! One shot with some bad luck can cost you a full platoon. You might want to consolidate the two Abrams platoons into a single platoon with four tanks. This will make the resistant to the "one shot, two kills" effect!

    The cavalry M113s are a nice platoon. They are a bit fragile, but they can give your Abrams a lot of help moving out of the deployment zone and into striking positions. This is really useful when you're on the attack.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI,

      Thanks for the advice, will definitely have a look at that over the weekend.

      I take the point on the one shot, two kills. I was looking at that when I made the list. I am planning on combining them into a larger unit and adding some M60's when they arrive.

      The next game really is our first full run out with the rules, so I am sure that I am going to learn a lot from the errors made on the battlefield.

      Will be posting up on either Monday or Tuesday and let you know how that game panned out.

      Cheers

      Delete